Yoga Therapy sessions are an ideal healing modality for pain management and stress reduction. Sessions are taught with sensitivity towards individuals who are ill or have experienced trauma and/or injury. All the yoga techniques can be adapted for individuals who might need to use chairs or need to lie down.
To set up an appointment with Nancy Candea contact Nancy at YogaImpactInstitute@gmail.com
You may also contact Nancy to set up an appointment with an IYI intern.
Yoga Therapy Session for Pain Management
Sessions include individualized exercises for:
- postural alignment,
- ease of breath,
- increased core stability,
- full range of motion,
- improved balance,
- deep relaxation,
- healing from persistent pain.
Yoga Therapy for Stress Reduction
- guided meditation techniques to decrease cortisol levels,
- mindfulness training to help recognize the signs of the first stages of stress,
- application of breathing and movement techniques to regain homeostasis,
- exercises to increase focus and “happy” hormone production,
- techniques for reduction of anxiety and depression.